Friday, February 20, 2009

Inspiration Board, How I Heart Thee

One of my favorite things I've come across since scouring wedding blogs are inspiration boards--a collection of images that inspire the feeling, colors, design, and other elements that one wants to include in her (or his) weddings. My introduction to these creative collages was via Snippet & Ink, a wedding blog that builds inspiration boards daily, usually around one image that inspires the blogger. She often builds them based on colors, so finding inspiration around your color scheme (or even getting help coming up with a color scheme) is all over this site.

Wedding Bee, a blog on which brides-to-be detail their planning process, has given me many useful tools (which I'll elaborate on later), but one in particular is Polyvore--a website that allows you to make your own inspiration boards as well as look at other brides' inspiration boards. You can clip images from anywhere on the internet and add them to your personal Polyvore stash to be used in a future board or save other people's boards that you admire. It's really simple to use and they even have a tutorial on how to do it.

Check out my farm-wedding board above. It makes me giddy.

What tools have you used to help you come up with the design, decor, or color scheme for your wedding?

No comments: